- Section 1: Fundamentals (18:27)
Introduction :: 3m 22s
Essential Basics: 5 Concepts Every Author and Publisher Must Know :: 5m 45s
SEO and ISBNs: Maximizing Benefits :: 4m 55s
FAQs: Top 7 Answered :: 4m 25s
- Section 2: Books and ISBNs (16:50)
eBooks & Print Books: Pitfalls, Benefits and Requirements :: 6m 43s
CreateSpace: Demystifying Expanded Distribution & the 4 ISBN Options :: 10m 7s
- Section 3: Buying and Assigning (15:19)
MyIdentifiers.com: Registering & Buying ISBNs :: 3m 47s
ISBN Pre-Assignment: The Safety Measure :: 3m 46s
Assignment: Completing the Fields that Matter Most :: 7m 46s
- Section 4: Usage and Resources (6:21)
Placement & Linking: Helping Readers Find Your Book :: 6m 21s
ISBN (Numbers) Explained: Getting and Using ISBNs to Sell More Books
Understanding proper use of ISBNs can save you money, and help you sell more books. (Length: 57 minutes)
The International Standard Book Number, or ISBN, has been a fixture in book retailing for nearly 50 years. Its purpose is to identify a book (or any product sold in a bookstore) with as much certainty as possible, no small feat when you consider all the different editions, formats, languages and shapes a book can take. But the rise of digital printing, online distribution and eBook publishing have lowered the barriers and now anyone can publish.
If you have questions about the ISBN, you're not alone. This course answers questions like:
- How can an ISBN help me sell more books?
- How do I maximize my ISBN investment?
- Which CreateSpace option is right for me, and what are the pros & cons?
- If Amazon, Apple and B&N don't require an ISBN, why use one?
- Can I buy an ISBN from someone besides MyIdentifiers (Bowker)?
- How do I reserve ISBNs and manage my numbers?
These are just a few of the questions this 57 minute, 10 lesson video series answers. It's for anyone interested in how to make the most of their investment in an ISBN.
About the Instructor
David Wogahn is a recognized expert on ISBNs and their use for books and eBooks, and for maximizing their discovery by search engines. He is the author of Register Your Book: The Essential Guide to ISBNs, Barcodes, Copyright and LCCNs, the Lynda.com training course Distributing and Marketing eBooks, and a regular contributor to The Independent, the monthly magazine of the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA).
A 30-year publishing veteran, Wogahn is president of Sellbox.com, an award-winning independent publishing services company that helps authors, independent publishers and organizations publish books and metadata. Sellbox has launched over a hundred professional imprints, enabling the successful publication of 250 books…and counting.
Take This Course
- If you are a self-publisher preparing to publish a book, or buy ISBNs.
- If you are a publisher and want to improve the effectiveness of your ISBN assignments.
- If you are a publishing services provider and wish to advise or manage ISBNs for your clients.
Your Purchase Includes
- Repeat Access: Return for a refresher or when content is updated.
- 30-day Satisfaction Guaranty
- Access via Mobile Devices
- 3 PDF Downloads:
- 22 Frequently Asked Questions
- ISBN Assignment Requirements & Checklist
- Guide to Creating Short Links